Weber Human Services is looking for people who can help a Northern Utah nonprofit. For more information about volunteer opportunities or to post opportunities for your organization, call 801-625-3777 or 801-778-6897.
If you are interested in volunteering and don’t see what interests you, please contact us as we have many more opportunities available and will help you find what interests you and make the best use of your skills. If your organization needs volunteers, please contact us.
- Ogden American Legion Post 9 is looking for volunteers for their honor guard. Members perform military funeral honors, flag retirement ceremonies, post colors at Eagle Scout events and court of honor. Training will be given and assistance available for the purchase of uniforms.
- New Eden Streets in the Ogden area. They have several positions that need help. They’re looking for a retired professional with experience in fundraising and connections with business, government, and nonprofit leaders. Volunteers also need to have marketing skills to effectively spread the word about agriculture. Eden Streets is looking for a volunteer who can be a professional trainer with years of business leadership with experience in business/farm planning as they “Grow Ogden”. They also need an event planner.
- Do you like talking about birds? Or interact with people in natural spaces? Then volunteering at Bear River Migratory Bird Sanctuary may be the position for you! They have different volunteer opportunities.
- The Heritage Park Care Center in Roy is looking for someone to volunteer once or twice a week for two hours at their thrift shop.
- Meals on Wheels of Weber County is seeking volunteers to assist drivers with getting food from the vehicle to the client’s door. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be in good physical shape. Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle 40-60 times per route. Outside work (exposure to all weather conditions). Call Cami at 801-399-8394.
- The American Red Cross needs volunteers in your area! We have many positions available, but the two we need the most are blood donor ambassadors and disaster volunteers! Blood donor ambassadors volunteer at blood drives and help check blood donors for their appointments. Disaster volunteers can go directly to the field and respond to big and small disasters or help us in a virtual capacity by serving as duty officers or members of the Recovery Team.
- If you love animals, you will love volunteering at the Safe Haven Sanctuary. We urgently need volunteers at our cat shelter west of the City of Brigham. Volunteering involves doing daily chores for the cats, loving them, picking up litter boxes, watering, feeding, cleaning, etc. We need you to commit for two or three hours on whatever day you choose; time of day is flexible, whatever fits your schedule. Call Kelly at 435-279-3086 or 435-723-2097 for info or visit www.humanesocietyofnorthernutah.com/safe-haven-sanctuary.
- Want to put a little extra cash in your pocket? The Senior Companion Program seeks individuals aged 55 and over living on moderate to low incomes to serve as companions and friends to homebound individuals in the community. Mileage, training and a small monthly stipend are available.
- The Washington Terrace Senior Center is seeking volunteers in the kitchen Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. They are also looking for a ceramics teacher to work Wednesday and Friday, 9am to noon. Call Karen at 801-621-0161.
- The Circles program through OWCAP seeks community members to volunteer as allies and help community members get out of the cycle of poverty. Allies are community members who wish to be in a supportive friendship relationship with individuals or families enrolled in the Circles program.
- Volunteers needed for Ogden ReStore. Volunteer at the non-profit home improvement thrift store Habitat for Humanity to accept donated items, maintain the sales floor, price merchandise, assist customers, and operate the cash register. Call Wendy at 814-470-1278 or [email protected] for details.
- Hill Thrift Store AFB is seeking volunteers for various positions in the store who are willing to assist on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Please stop by and inquire inside if you are interested in any of the Thrift Shop opportunities or call the store with any questions. Telephone: 801-825-1026; email: [email protected]
- Catholic Community Services have volunteer opportunities in the food pantry: organizing, distributing groceries to clients, stocking shelves, cleaning and assisting with other daily projects, Tuesday-Friday from 8am to 12pm; and in the warehouse: sorting donations, pocketing produce and other groceries, Monday-Friday 07.00 to 15.00
- Do you feel lonely and are you 55 or older? Would you like someone to call you every week to visit you? If you are interested in having someone call you then give us a call.
- Do you know how to use sign language? Fluent in another language? Hill Aerospace Museum is looking for an individual on call for groups and individuals who need this service while visiting the museum.
- YCC is looking for volunteers to do yard work around their facility. Hours may vary. Call Sandy at 801-689-1730.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters is looking for volunteers. For more details, visit their site at bbbsu.org, click Be a Big, then in the drop down click Get Started. You need to read and complete each step.
- The Foster Grandparents Program and the Foster Grandparents Program in Weber, Davis, Morgan, and Box Elder counties are seeking individuals aged 55 and older to volunteer as reading tutors for elementary school children who are lagging behind in their class. Volunteers are housed in schools close to home and can serve between two and 20 hours per week. Monthly allowance and mileage reimbursement are available for those who qualify.
- Inspiration Home Health and Hospice is looking for volunteers to accompany hospice patients. Call Tandalaya at 801-281-1314.
- The Grieving Children’s Center is in need of volunteers. We are a non-profit organization that works with children, youth and their families who have experienced loss due to death, divorce or separation. We train all new volunteers. Volunteers need to work in offices, do lessons for children and clean up. Please contact us for more information at 801-476-1127 or www.familysummit.org.
- Seager Memorial Clinic is seeking volunteer providers, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 3-6 PM. More than 170 volunteers help us provide accessible, non-judgmental and free charitable medical, dental and mental health care to the underserved. We’re located in the basement of the Ogden Rescue Mission, 2775 Wall Ave. at Ogden. Call April, volunteer coordinator, at [email protected] or 801-706-1398 to get involved! To learn more about our free clinic, visit www.seagerclinic.org.
- The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) seeks individuals aged 55 and older to volunteer at local nonprofits such as food banks, shelters, housing complexes, senior centers, wildlife centers, history museums, schools and more. Mileage reimbursement is permitted.
- A Special Court Appointed Advocate (CASA) gives a child a voice and changes their story. Must be over 21 years of age and able to pass a background check. For more information on how to volunteer, visit utahcasa.org.
- Weber County Archery Park is looking for volunteers to assist with check-in, applying for membership, issuing rental equipment, and assisting as needed. Call for day and hour information. No experience required.
- The Weber County Sports Shooting Complex is seeking volunteers for the following positions: Office of range security and reception/reach cashier. Volunteers do not need to be certified but must have basic knowledge of firearms, firearm safety and must take four hour classes. Individuals must pass a background check and volunteer a minimum of eight hours per month. Training is provided.
- The Davis County area needs Meals on Wheels volunteers – drivers and runners. Monday to Friday, hours may vary by route; the route is about two hours, 10am to noon. Volunteer one shift a week or as a sub if you can’t commit to a fixed schedule. Contact Jennifer Whitesides at [email protected] or 801-525-5052.